Some Impulsive CPD

My big sis hasn’t been too well and I’m glad to be able to make use of the summer holidays to travel through to Glasgow to keep her company. This was one of the reasons that I decided to take up Ewan’s offer to go along to one of the LTS ‘Inspiration’ sessions – It meant that I could have another excuse to pop in on her ……. and I also hoped to learn something, too 🙂

I had no idea what to expect, but I thought we’d be discussing Glow. It was great, therefore, to see that Jaye had decided to come along, too. I’m a reader of her blog, but don’t really appreciate the ‘chat’ because I can’t visualise what Glow looks like. It got a bit more confusing when David G’s recent post was discussed. In East Lothian, they’ve noticed problems with even internet savvy staff. I wish that I was in a position to get a little preview of what Glow ‘looks like’. I can read all about it (and often do) but I need the chance to ‘play’ with it before I can appreciate what’s being written by those who already have access. I suppose I felt a bit less ignorant when David N said that he’d only had a brief experience of glow.

I’m glad that I took the time to go to the session .. despite giving a very spur-of-the-moment response to Ewan when he asked me to give my opinion of the LTS website. When put on the spot, I tend to ramble … and I DID ramble – went totally off the subject 🙂

Anyway, it was just great to see all these bloggers ‘face-to-face’.

And my big sis and I had a lovely late lunch in the Art Lover’s Cafe just a short walk from her house. The rest of the afternoon was spent in the walled garden close by. We took some pics when we were there. I’ve made a movie and added the same ‘jolly music’ from Ewan’s delicious site that I put on to the class blog.

2 thoughts on “Some Impulsive CPD

1. Thanks SO much for coming along, and your ‘ramblings’ were really helpful. I found the discussion hard on both sides: as leader of the session and as someone trying to make sense of how Glow could be made simpler. I think the fact that you need to have seen Glow to know what it is may really be a failing – it would be great to be able to know all about it in an instant, in the same way we understand other ‘new’ brands.

2. Thanks for the comment.

I had no idea what to expect when I decided to sign up for the session. I wanted to prepare as much as possible so that I wouldn’t appear a ‘numpty’.

Maybe I prepared too much … I watched the David Pogue talk before I came along – so spent the first 20 minutes of the session watching it again – ‘numpty’ 🙂

I did enjoy the session, though.

I’d love to sign up for the next one – being a good presenter is something I’ll need to do well in my new role!