My First post!

weemee2.png

My first post on my very own blog … wow!

It’s exactly one year since I set up our class blog and the pupils in the class all have their own individual blogs .

Annas recent post prompted me to finally take the plunge and set up this blog. In her post, she refers to Courtney’s blog and her realisation that maybe there could be more to ‘blogging’ and that it doesn’t have to be ‘just for school stuff’.

The class blog is where I ‘showcase’ the work we’ve been doing at school, not somewhere I can post thoughts and reflections….. so here I am!

I’m now at the final hurdle of my Charter Teacher course, and this year I’m going to be involved in (for me) a large research study. I’ve decided to look at how blogs can be used in education. For the last year, we’ve been in touch with the AllStars in Sydney and the class teacher has her own blog. A post about commenting confidence made me aware that this is something that should be discussed in class.

We’re also going to look at what makes a good blog read … and what makes you actually want to leave a comment on a blog post. I learned by accident (during our recent ‘parent blogging’ workshop) that some of the pupils are already actively reading and commenting on a few other blogs when a group referred to this blog in their presentation.

Ok, first post over – I did it … and it hardly hurt at all 🙂

0 thoughts on “My First post!

1. Hello Margaret,
    Whoever said that the first post is the hardest – don’t believe them!
    Looking forward to reading more of what you have to say.
    Welcome aboard 🙂