“L” for Larbert High School

We are Carronshore Primary School pupils and we will be going to Larbert High School in 2013.

We have Maryam here from Larbert High School as she is doing Work Experience for a week. Today is her last day. She was also a Carronshore Pupil. We will be asking her about Larbert High School and ask her some questions.

Question 1)

Ross : “How many pupils are in Larbert High School?”

Maryam : “There are around 2,000 pupils in the school.

Question 2)

Aleena : “What is your favourite subject?”

Maryam : “My favorite subjects are English and History as I find them interesting.”

Question 3)

Ross: “How many subjects can you have?”

Maryam: “Well in First Year you get a variety of subjects. In Second Year you choose eight subjects for your standard grades and you do these courses for over 2 years. Then in Fourth Year you do 5 Highers and also do these for 2 years. It’s pretty confusing! There’s a lot more to it, but don’t worry, i’m sure you guys will get the idea soon! 🙂

Question 4)

Aleena: “Is the playground big?”

Maryam : “Yes! It is pretty big! There’s a lot of areas where you can go!”

Question 5)

Ross: “Is maths good at high school?”

Maryam: “I don’t really like maths. But it is quite good! You may find it fun :)”

Question 6)

Aleena: “Are the classrooms big?”

Maryam: “Yes! There’s all sorts of classrooms for different subjects. Like for example, there are science classrooms, maths, english, history, geography, art etc! It really depends on what subjects you are doing.”

Question 7)

Ross: “How big is your P.E  hall?”

Maryam: “There are 4 P.E halls! They are all pretty big. They also have a table tennis room and a swimming pool area.”

Question 8   )

Aleena: “How long is playtime?”

Maryam : “Break time is for around 11-15 minutes i think! Lunch is around 45 minutes”

Question 9)

Ross: “Was it scary the first time you went to high school?”

Maryam: “It was pretty scary i have to admit. Was worried i would not get a long with a few people and get lost. But after time, i became used to the school and met a lot of lovely people!”

Question 10)

Aleena: “Is Art fun?”

Maryam: “I had Art in First Year. I enjoyed the writing bit in Art, but i HATED drawing as I am the worst artist in the world haha! But you may enjoy it! Everyone likes different things!”

We enjoyed having Maryam here this week! Thankyou for answering questions!

A little message from Maryam!

“I really enjoyed working at Carronshore Primary School. It was fantastic seeing everyone all over again. I enjoyed meeting and helping all the pupils here and i think i will really miss it… all over again! I hope Primary 6V have a great 2 years at Carronshore Primary School and i hope to see you guys soon in the near future at Larbert High School! Good luck :D”