Welcome To Our New Class Blog!

ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and moreΒ Β Β  Mrs V is back in class andΒ this blog now belongs to Primary 6V at Carronshore. We’re all looking forward to using it to share some of the things we get up to and we’d love it if you would leave us some comments πŸ™‚

We started our new term on Wednesday and we spent some ofΒ the time writing ‘Bio Poems’ so that youΒ could get to know a bit about us. We’ve posted a few of them on here. Click on the arrows below to listen – and be sure to check back again soon to hear some more!

Β 

69 thoughts on “Welcome To Our New Class Blog!

1. Thank you very much for your comment, Chris. The class were delighted as it is their first one.

We also had a look at your own blog and read your post about how you came in to contact with a very famous poet. We wondered if you had any tips to help us write poems? Did you write some in primary school?

2. I wrote verse of the doggerel variety from a fairly early age, though I was impressed by a friend of mine who wrote a sonnet while still at school – at that time I didn’t really know what a sonnet was!

When I write now, I begin with either an idea that I really want to explore, or a phrase that comes into my mind (usually when I’m somewhere inconvenient, like in the bath). I write down what I have, and then think about it. Once, in Delville Wood, where a big battle was fought in World War 1 (on the Somme) I got one line “and bluebells on the parapet” and recorded it on my camera as I filmed the bit of wood we were in.

Tips? Perhaps to try always for a striking image – avoid the expected, and go for an interesting metaphor (ask your teacher!)

• Thank you for the tips, Chris! We’re going to try some of these things … maybe start by looking at images, and we also thought about taking our own photographs to give us a starting point?

We’ll keep you posted πŸ™‚

3. Hey. Its Jaimey. Some people may know me as the really tall girl in p7. Wow. I can remember when we got our class blog! i like looking back on the post from primary 5!! I can also remember getting my own blog now that was special. and going with miss L, mrs V, Paul, Emma and memoona to show grown ups how to use go animate (awsome getting to take charge for once). I wish i was in p6.When i was in p6 mrs V came to talk to my p6 teacher and we all thought we were getting Mrs V,but we didn’t!!! Well done for make this your own class blog!
    I promise i will comment! Primary 7 is so much work make sure ur prepared for maths at 9:15(i know i wasn’t!!). But its not all that bad hope ur getting on well with accelerated reading and french(if you have done it yet). I found it hard at first but trust me its not that bad!!!

Ok so im gonna go now.
    be sure to look at my blog! cosjaimeyp.edublogs.org
    comment and request me to do slideshows or posts like for this blogs(and u get a shout out anyway way awsome)lol side comment in side a side comment)

love and good luck!!
    jaimey p7r
    xxxx πŸ™‚ xxxx

4. Great to read your comment, Jaimey.

I really appreciated you coming along to talk to the ‘grown ups’ about GoAnimate. You and the others were all very inspirational πŸ™‚

I’d love it if you could share your expertise with the P6s this session. I’ll speak to you about it at school – thanks for the offer!

5. Hi Carronshore,
    I loved hearing your poems. I like the extra ‘something’ that hearing a poem has over reading one.
    I look forward to listening to some more and to follwing your blogging adventures through primary 6.

6. Hello Carronshore – welcome to blogging.
    We all enjoyed listening to your bio-poems – what a great idea to recite your poems rather than writing them down.
    W can’t wait to see what you get up to next!

• Thank You AllStars! We’ve been looking at your blog – it’s super!

Hopefully we can get to know each other better (especially as we want to learn more about Australia this term!)

7. hi again i would love to talk to your class about bloging. I see them out at the computer uploading and saving voice records!!!

looking forward to talking to you all
    bye bye
    jaimey
    xxxx

8. hi just seeing if i did it right this time πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ anyway when are we getting our user names and passwords out

• That’s great, Andrew! I’ve left a comment on one of them. I can’t wait to show the others in class on Monday … and the computer is fixed now, too πŸ™‚

9. hey!! i had great fun helping natasha and brooke with photopeach!
    can’t wait till next week.
    Finally finished my long post this morning about my week long camp!!! πŸ™‚ .
    just away to look at glow blogs now!!
    bye,
    xxx

• Do you have a link to the post about your week at camp? Is it on the blog Miss Law set up? I’d love to read it, I’m not sure of the address.

I’ll give you a Glow Blog login next week as promised. Thanks for helping the P6s today πŸ™‚

10. hey, the address to my blog is cpsjaimeyp.edublogs.org
    its the 3rd post down because i made a slideshow of all the camps I went to (the first post) and then Natasha’s slideshow(second) then the week week camp!!
    And thanks again for the glow blog!

bye bye
    see you all in school!!
    xx

• I just did – and I’m about to leave a comment πŸ™‚

P.S. if you add your blog address in the bit on the comment box, people will be able to follow the link to your blog from here (check out Andrew’s comment).

11. Hi Mrs V its Charlotte M the class bog and the glow blogs were very good when i saw all of them in class today,when i saw Andrew’s i thought WOW and when i get mine it will NEVER b as good as Anna,Andrew,Brooke,Kian and Robyn’s. πŸ˜€

• Charlotte, I’m absolutely sure that your blog will be great!

All of P6V will have theirs by the end of this week – I’m really looking forward to seeing what you do with yours.

I think you told me today that you already have an idea for your first post??

• We enjoy looking at your blog to,we hope to keep in touch with you.
      Oh,and how many children do you have in your school and is it right that your the only teacher in your school? πŸ˜‰

12. Hi, we have 11 pupils (P1 to P7) in our school and we have one teacher. We have 2 P1s, 1 P2, 3 P3s, 1 P4, 3 P6s and 1 P7. We have Jennifer who is our classroom assistant, who is here everyday all day.

13. Hi cool bio poems and nice sign. We think it is cool you have all got blogs now. They are cool
    Can’t wait till your next post bet you 5 pounds it will be good. i need money. lol don’t take that the wrong way

jaimey thought of it and memoona wrote it and emma laughed
    . lol πŸ™‚

14. Hi love your bio poems .It is great you have all got blogs they are brill

can’t wait to see your next post i bet you 5 pounds it will be good. lol don’t take that the wrong way just joking.

jaimey thought of it memoona wrote it and emma laughed πŸ™‚ lol

bye bye

15. just a quick question. Are you wanting me to help your class again at golden time on friday? Your class went outside last friday and i couldn’t find you.
    bye!
    jaimey
    xxx

• I’m really sorry you couldn’t find us – the weather was so nice that we decided to have golden time outside.

This Friday, I’ll give you your Glow blog login – promise!!

I’m not in school tomorrow, but can you come and see me at the first lunchtime bell on Thursday?

I know you’re only 2 classes away from P6V – but I’d forgotten how busy life can be in school !

16. Hi there Primary 6 and Mrs Vass,

Looking forward to reading your blog regularly and seeing some of your wonderful artwork in particular! I am a teacher in the Art and Design Department at Larbert High School and we have started our very own blog which we would love you to have a look at if you get a chance!

Thanks!

Mrs cuthbertson

17. Hi MrsV. Since Im doing my learning log on Sydney could I leave a comment on the AllStars blog asking them a bit about Sydney??????? I was going to do it but I thought I better ask permission first. Plz reply soon!!!!!!!!!! 8) 8) 8) 8) πŸ™‚ πŸ˜‰

18. Hi Primary Six and Mrs Vass,

I am an Art and Design teacher at Larbert High School and am very much looking forward to reading your blog and particularly seeing some of your art work.

We have now finally set up a blog of our own and we would love it if some of you would like to comment on the work we hope to display there.
    Please have a look at:
    http://lhsartdept.blogspot.com

Thank you and happy blogging!

Mrs Cuthbertson

19. hey just to say i cant get on my bog coz every time i click on it, it just said error by the way i think it might be coz the slideshows off youtube!!!

20. hi just to say that my blog still wont work i even tryed to swith my computer on and off agin and it still didnt work wat will i do coz i have to finesh my max in the middle thing????? please get back to me soon

• Oh dear! Don’t worry about it. Why don’t you make some notes about what you want to write and I’ll make sure that you get time on a school computer tomorrow.

I don’t know why you can sometimes get on from home, and can’t get on at other times …. it’s very strange (and annoying for you!!)

See you tomorrow πŸ™‚