Our ePortfolio Experiment

Mrs Vass here! It’s been a long time since I’ve written on this blog – a big thank you to Mrs Williamson for letting me write this post 🙂

I wanted to tell everyone about an ePortfolio experiment we’ve set up with some of the Primary 6 children in Carronshore. Some of the ePortfolios can be accessed via a page on this blog and we’re hoping to add more soon.

If you play the voki below, you’ll be able to hear how Memoona is going to use her ePortfolio. 

It’s only an experiment because I’m working somewhere else at the moment, and I haven’t had a lot of time to help the Primary 6’s build their ePortfolios ….. but I think you’ll agree that the children seem to be doing just fine on their own 🙂 They chose the pages that they wanted to have included and most were very keen to have a page about their artwork.

Memoona wrote about how she enjoys art:

“I really like art and it is one of my favourite subjects.”

my art work3

Iain likes art, “especially when we can draw anything we like“!

my artwork

And in her ‘All About Me’ page, Jaimey wrote:

I am also interested in art. I really enjoy art because you can kind of express yourself in a way.”

jaimey   

Jaimey’s comment sounds really interesting. We’re hoping that the Art teachers in the local High School will visit the ePortfolios and join in the discussions on the Art pages. This would be great because it might help the Primary six children to learn more about what to expect in Art classes when they go to High School …. and the Art teachers will be able to learn how children in Primary School feel about the subject.

If Mrs Williamson doesn’t mind, I’ll pop back here now and again to write about how the experiment is going. Meanwhile I’m sure she’ll continue to post more of the beautiful Artwork that she helps the children with here in Carronshore 🙂

This entry was posted on January 15, 2010, in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment

One thought on “Our ePortfolio Experiment

1. The pupils (and teachers!!) are really looking forward to Mrs Vass visiting us on Friday to hopefully help us set up ePortfolios with some of our pupils. I really enjoyed reading that so many pupils at Carronshore enjoy Art and we can’t wait to meet you when you move up to HIgh school!

Mrs C